How to Apply for Unemployment Insurance Assistance
The Massachusetts Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program provides temporary income assistance to Massachusetts workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own, and who are able to work, available for work, and looking for a job.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims can be filed online or over the phone.
Apply for Unemployment benefits online at: The hours for online claims is 7 days a week, from 6am to 10pm.
To file an unemployment claim by phone you can call the Massachusetts Teleclaim Center at:
- 877-626-6800: from area codes 413, 351, 508, 774, and 978
- 617-626-6800: from area codes 617 and 781
- You can schedule a callback online if you need to
- For hearing impaired relay service, please call 711
- Language Services are available through the TeleClaim Center upon request.
The TeleClaim Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Use these links to learn more about filing for Unemployment Insurance Benefits
MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center Can Help with Claims Assistance
MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center provides unemployment insurance (UI) assistance. If you are not able to apply online, through the MA Teleclaim Center, or need assistance with your claim, we can help you:
- File a new claim or reopen a benefits claim.
- Explain how to navigate and use the UI Online website.
- Provide printouts for program eligibility or forms from your UI Online account.
- Help resolve UI Claims issues
- Designated Unemployment Insurance (UI) computer station (temporarily closed during COVID Emergency)
All MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center Unemployment Insurance claims assistance is currently provided over the phone due to the COVID-19 Emergency. To speak with an Unemployment Assistance Counselor call the Greenfield Career Center at 413-774-4361.
We understand that being unemployed can be a stressful time. MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center offers many services and resources to help you land your next job or to start a new career – job search workshops, job fairs, skills training, job search/job placement assistance. Check out all of our Job Seeker Career Services at https://www.masshirefhcareers.org/for-job-seekers/