The Massachusetts Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program provides temporary income assistance to Massachusetts workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own, and who are able to work, available for work, and looking for a job.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims can be filed online or over the phone.
Apply for Unemployment benefits online at: The hours for online claims is 7 days a week, from 6am to 10pm.
Click here to log on to Massachusetts Unemployment Insurance (UI) Online.
To file an unemployment claim by phone you can call the Massachusetts Teleclaim Center at:
- 877-626-6800: from area codes 413, 351, 508, 774, and 978
- 617-626-6800: from area codes 617 and 781
- You can schedule a callback online if you need to
- For hearing impaired relay service, please call 711
- Language Services are available through the TeleClaim Center upon request.
The TeleClaim Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Use these links to learn more about filing for Unemployment Insurance Benefits