MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center is a Business Service Center for employers. The Business Service Team (Biz Team) is here to assist with your business and workforce needs. Our professional staff will work closely with you to understand your business goals and customize a service plan to fit your needs.
Business and staffing needs analysis and planning: The Biz Team will help you identify and evaluate your business needs and direct you to the most appropriate local or state services.
Biz Team Contact: Penni Menard or Marija Boily | 413-774-4361 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistance With Job Postings
- Job openings can be posted at no cost to the statewide Massachusetts Job Quest website. This is a statewide database. Just submit the online Job Order Form or download a copy and send to The Franklin Hampshire Career Center by mail, fax (413-774-2954), or email to: email@example.com.
- We will post your job on our “Hot Jobs” list updated and made available daily to all walk in customers at our three Career Center locations in Greenfield, Orange, and Northampton. The local “Hot Jobs” list is also posted to our website each day.
- The Biz Team collaborates with Career Center staff to refer skilled, qualified job seekers to available jobs
- Job fairs or specialized hiring events at the Career Center, at your place of employment, or in a community location. We will coordinate all facets of your recruitment event including promotion and outreach to job seekers, pre-screening, and matching of qualified candidates. A Biz Team staff member will assist from beginning to end.
- We host an annual Spring Fling Job Fair for multiple employers.
- Partner with Greenfield Community College on their annual Career and Job Fair.
- Partner with Northampton Senior Center Older Worker Job Fair
- Employer Spotlight – Employers and job seekers have the opportunity to meet and share information. Employers can introduce your company and open positions. Job Seekers have the opportunity to share their qualifications, present a resume and complete a job application. Employers reserve a one hour time slot. Employer Spotlight is promoted on the Career Center calendars both in paper and on the web site; flyers are posted in our offices and in the various workshops.
- Testing and pre-screening of job candidates
- Targeted mailings to our job seeker customers
MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center can assist with training your current or new employees through:
- On-the-Job Training, Apprenticeships, and other Work Based Learning Programs
- Massachusetts Workforce Training Funds – State grants to employers for training of current and newly hired employees.
- Workforce Opportunity Tax Credit – The WOTC is a Federal tax credit incentive that employers may receive for hiring individuals from certain target groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment. The main objective of this program is to enable targeted employees to gradually move into self-sufficiency as they earn a steady income, while participating employers are compensated by being able to reduce their federal income tax liability.
- Career Pathway Programs – We collaborate with employers and our workforce partners to support career pathways such as the Manufacturing Sector Initiative, Medical Assistant Pathway, Health Care Pathways, and the Diverse Teacher Workforce Coalition. Contact us to learn more.
Labor Market Information and Economic Data
MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center has access to multiple sources of information on the Franklin Hampshire Workforce Area, regional data, or Massachusetts workforce and economic data. The Biz Team can prepare specialized reports to assist in your business and recruitment planning.
Business Assistance Referral
The Biz Team can connect you to the Massachusetts Biz Works program which offers a wide array of business assistance services for business expansion and growth, financing, tax credits, workplace safety, etc.
The Massachusetts Rapid Response Team can offer alternatives to closing a facility and laying off employees. If layoffs are inevitable, measures can be taken to lessen the impact on the company and the workforce.
- Work share/wage sharing – WorkShare offers a smart alternative to layoffs. Employees work reduced hours while collecting unemployment benefits to supplement their lower wages. WorkShare can reduce your payroll costs and maintain your valued workforce.
- Meet with you and your employees to help ease the transition – learn about the Unemployment Assistance Program, Career Center services, connect workers to available jobs.