Are You 55 or Older?
Over 30% of our job seekers are mature workers 55+. MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center can help you to assess and enhance your skills, create a resume, conduct job search, and present your unique skills to employers, as well as provide valuable information and resources.
Job readiness workshops are offered at the Greenfield Career Center and at Forbes Library in Northampton (see website calendar), some of which include:
- Resume Overview & Consult Sessions
- Writing Effective Cover Letters
- Job Search Strategies for Mature Workers
- Financial Literacy Workshops, and more
Senior Community Service Employment Program
The Senior Community Services Employment Program (SCSEP), administered by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), is a community service and work-based job training program that:
- Serves unemployed, low-income persons age 55+
- Offers Part-Time employment: 20 hours/week
- Individuals who are legally eligible to work in the U.S
SCSEP Program Benefits include:
- Upgraded job skills for job placement
- On the Job Training at a community organization
- Earn income during training
- Find unsubsidized employment
- Job hunting strategies and techniques
For information and appointments:
Senior Community Service Employment (SCSEP)
Catholic Charities – Worcester County
10 Hammond Street
Worcester, MA 01610
Older workers bring wisdom, experience, expertise, and tremendous untapped potential in today’s historically low unemployment environment. Further, a multi-generational workforce can enhance diversity and inclusivity—and foster innovation.