MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center (MassHire FHCC) helps the formerly incarcerated reenter the job market. Our services can help you explore career options and chart your next steps for employment or skill development.
Our commitment begins behind the wall. We partner with the Hampshire County and Franklin County Houses of Correction to provide job preparation and job search skills for participants in pre-release programs. We also coordinate with Houses of Correction staff to ensure that people re-entering the community can be connected with employment and training services at the MassHire FHCC. These services include:
- Identifying career interests and skills
- Job search assistance
- Job search workshops that include resume/cover letter writing, interview skills, online job search, and computer skills
- Individual consultations to refine your resume and cover letter
- Access to job fairs
- Introductions to employers who are hiring
- Skills training if needed to achieve employment (when eligible)
- Job placement and job matching
- Referrals to community support services such as Family Resource Centers, housing, food, legal assistance, etc.
It’s important to know your right and how to get a copy of your CORI report. We can help you through this process.
Some employers may require their employees to be bonded as protection against money or property loss. The Federal Bonding Program can help. The Bond Program provides insurance to the employer who hires you for the first six months of your employment. It’s simple, easy, and provided at no cost to you or to the employer. MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center can help you apply for this program through the state.